Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The beginning of the end.

So why do people start a blog? Maybe because they'd like to share their lives with friends and family . . . maybe they're just too damn bored . . . or maybe they're a typing addict who drinks coffee faster than a gutless horse.

I guess I'm starting a blog for all the above, but mainly because I journal and this is the only way my son won't destroy my journal.

I'm a mother of five, I always say that even though one of my children passed away almost eight years ago. But it would be mocking his memory if I didn't include him. So, anyway, I spend most of my time taking care of four rambunctious kids who make life better than green ham and eggs. They're pretty darn fun, but despite that, after I had kids, my boobs shrunk, I've lost hair, but gained a greater sense of humor--thank God for that half full glass of water!

When I'm not scavenging through the vents, which my son thinks are the best place to hide things, I'm sewing, playing my violin, or writing. What don't I do? Well that's easy, I don't sleep. There's too much going on. But that's how I like things anyway, because someday in the future I'll be a ninety-year-old. When grumpy nurses aren't helping me to the toilet, then I can sleep all day.

But right now, I'm still in my twenties and by golly, I don't want to sleep my life away. So, we're taking it a day at a time. Enjoying the small things and happy to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment